Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Superhero Party

Since Halloween the only thing my then 3 year old could talk about is Superheroes. So obviously we had to be Spiderman for Halloween. Christmas was a Spiderman Christmas full of presents with Spiderman logos, action figures, etc. So, obviously, when discussion of his birthday party came up, we once again were focused on Spiderman, but at least he was also interested in additional superheroes as well.  I would love to host parties at my home, but the thought of 10 or so four year olds running around my house in March, I knew I had to find a different option, but one that didn’t blow the bank. 

Sam loves to bowl, so we decided to make it a Bowling Superhero party.  The Park Lanes Bowling Alley near our house offered a great birthday party package and it was active enough to keep all the kids engaged.  (Bowling, party room & tokens for the arcade).
Invitations:  I designed and created Sam’s invitations using a photo of him in his Spiderman costume and converting it to look like a comic book character in Photoshop Elements. I drew all the other components of the invite in Photoshop as well and was very happy at the way it turned out. 



Capes:  I made each child a superhero cape.  They were reversible blue and red capes with a star applique on one side. Sam asked that he have a different cape, so I put a ‘S’ applique on the blue side for the special birthday boy.  The capes were super easy to make, but required planning and time in order to make enough for each child.  (See Tutorial).  I made 3 different items. The bigger kids got larger capes to fit their frame. The two year olds received blue capes that were smaller in size. The little ones received superhero tank tops with attached cape. 



The bowling alley provided goodie bags, however we also gave each child a Spiderman cup, pencils and tattoos to match the Spiderman cake I made. 
 
I loved watching the little ones all bowling in their capes and so did many other people at the facility.  A fun time was had by all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment